Workforce Development Program
What are some topics studied in the Workforce Development Program?
- Career Exploration – Let’s find out what interests you and what you are good at!
- Employability Skills – Explore skills that are needed to be a great employee in today’s workforce.
- Health Safety – Learn how to be safe and stay healthy in many work environments.
- Communication Skills – Observe and practice listening, speaking and digital skills as well as how to be self-assertive at work.
- Consumer Skills – Once you start making money in the workforce, learn how to use it wisely.
- Career exploration to help students discover their own strengths & interests to match an individualized career path.
- Each semester will be guided by the students’ interests and abilities.
- Instruction on how to be a successful employee in today’s workforce.
- Students will be able to earn industry certifications to give them a competitive advantage.
- Individualized trainings tailored to student’s desired career path.
Who should apply?
11th or 12th grade students who fall into one of these categories:
- A student who did not get an initial spot at FCCTC to excessive number of applicants.
- A student who needs to focus on employability skills.
- A student who wants some guidance with career exploration to find your interests and strengths.
- A student who realizes that high school is coming to an end and just don’t know what to do after that.
- A student who would like a career in an occupational area not offered at FCCTC.
Requirements & Goals:
- Must be enrolling for 11th or 12th grade year.
- Students MUST be able to provide by the students’ interests and abilities.
- Students will be expected to job shadow, gain employment, earn industry certifications and/or participate in dual enrollment with a post-secondary education partner